Active Transportation Designer | Charlotte
LandDesign creates places that bring people together. Places where people work, live and play. Places that people love. We are a collaborative group of landscape architects, civil engineers, planners, urban designers and graphic designers that approach projects with unique expertise and diverse perspectives, but with a shared goal to create places that matter.
Are you passionate about biking and place-making? We are looking to expand our active transportation team with someone who can push the boundaries of thinking and communicating about its role in our lives. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years design experience with a minimum of 2+ years experience in active transportation. We are seeking a self-starter, problem solver, and someone who values working across disciplines.
LandDesign’s passionate professionals partner with public and private clients in the land development, public open space, transportation, real estate, and institutional industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
- Manage active transportation projects in the design phase; working primarily in AutoCAD
- Prepare construction documents
- Play a key role in the growth of LandDesign’s active transportation practice and business development initiatives.
- Maintain and grow relationships with our regional and local public and private sector clients
- Represent LandDesign at conferences, seminars, and industry organizations and events
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team focused on the planning and design of active transportation projects
- Develop, maintain and update project budgets and schedules
- Work directly with clients and deliver superior service
- Support in quantity take-offs and cost estimating
- Support with regulatory permitting
- Support in preparing project manual, specifications and bid documents
- Earthwork analysis (AGTEK)
- Occasional site visits to coordinate with client/contractor
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in innovative design initiatives
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D (Particularly alignments, profiles, corridors and grading)
- Experience in plan production and bid documents
- Ability to support a team with complex projects of multidisciplinary nature
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active in regional industry organizations
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering or Landscape Architecture
- The successful candidate will have 2+ years of relevant experience in active transportation design
All interested candidates can submit their resume, cover letter, and work samples or design portfolio directly through our website.
Employees are offered a competitive compensation package which includes a 401K retirement program and paid holidays, as well as health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurances.
LandDesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workplace.