Administrative Assistant | Alexandria
LandDesign Inc., is searching for a dynamic and experienced Administrative Assistant for our Alexandria office. The chosen candidate will support design staff, project managers, and Office Manager on a daily basis with tasks such as answering phones, creating contracts, preparing word documents, managing calendars, and other office administration duties.
From the day LandDesign was founded, it was set up to be a firm that transcended generations; one that was about ideas, inspired by ideals. We are a collaborative group of landscape architects, civil engineers, planners and urban designers that approach projects with unique expertise and diverse perspectives, but with a shared goal to create places that matter.
- Answers telephones and directs callers to the appropriate personnel
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in ordering, stocking, and organizing supplies
- Manages conference room calendars
- Interacts with clients, vendors and staff in a professional and courteous manner
- Set up and maintain project files
- Work closely with accounting and other associated departments to ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete
- Serve as the go-to person for all office needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is highly preferred.
- Excellent organization skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Experience supporting senior level professionals
- At least 1 year of office administrative experience
- Experience in the AEC and/or design industry is a huge plus!
- High school diploma required, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday 8:00a - 5:00p. All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and clever cover letter directly through our website. We're serious about the cover letter.
Employees are offered a competitive compensation package which includes a 401(k) retirement program and paid holidays, as well as health, life, dental and disability insurances.
LandDesign is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.