Civil Engineer, Transportation (Experienced) | Charlotte
Hiring passionate people. Fostering good relationships. Dedication to great work. These are just three of our values that have carried us over the past 40+ years and will continue to carry us into the future.
LandDesign is focused on growing our public transportation practice and are seeking senior engineers and project managers with experience in either roadway, hydraulic or active transportation (bike/ped) design of public transportation projects. We are currently seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to join the Charlotte office
From the day LandDesign was founded, it was set up to be a firm that transcended generations; one that was about ideas, inspired by ideals. We are a collaborative group of landscape architects, civil engineers, planners, and urban designers that approach projects with unique expertise and diverse perspectives, but with a shared goal to create places that matter.
- Provide a lead role through the design phase that may include roadway horizontal and vertical alignments, geometrics, 3D modeling of existing and proposed surface, cross-sections, proposed grading, intersection layouts, sight distance, barrier requirements, bike/ped aspects, drainage, hydraulic modeling, erosion, and sediment control, stormwater management, bicycle/pedestrian aspects, utility relocations, pavement markings, signing, and traffic control in accordance with AASHTO, NCDOT, and local agency standards and guidelines.
- Provide a lead role and conduct technical reviews of plans, design calculations, cost estimates, specifications, bid documents, and technical reports.
- Project management to include developing, monitoring, and adhering to scopes, fees, and schedules and internal and external communication to include clients, subconsultants, on these aspects as the project progresses.
- Contribute to engaging with potential clients with respect to the business development aspects of growing the public transportation practice.
- Coordinate with clients, stakeholders, and reviewing agencies on the submission and acceptance of project deliverables.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients.
- Meeting client deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to provide guidance to junior team members in design aspects and the development of accurate plans.
- Meeting client deadlines and expectations
- Ability to produce accurate plans
- Successful project coordination with internal and external contacts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- P.E. license
- 10 + years of related experience in roadway, hydraulics, or bicycle /pedestrian for public transportation projects, specifically for urban facilities.
- At least 3 years of experience for candidates applying for project manager roles. Project management experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with either AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation with GEOPAK Corridor Modeling, InRoads, or OpenRoads for candidates applying with roadway and bicycle/pedestrian design experience.
- Experience in HEC-RAS and GEOPAK Drainage, OpenRoads, or other equivalent design software for those candidates applying with hydraulic design experience.
- Experience in NC erosion and sediment control, stormwater management, and permitting regulations preferred for candidates applying with hydraulic design experience.
- Experience with NC municipality and NCDOT public transportation projects preferred for all design disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide guidance to junior team members and work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Time management skills for delivering multiple projects with the potential to have overlapping deliverable schedule
Don’t ask us if you’re the right fit for the position, tell us about it in your cover letter (we do read them!) All interested candidates can submit their cover letter and resume directly through our website.
Employees are offered a competitive compensation package which includes a 401K retirement program and paid holidays, as well as health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurances.
LandDesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workplace.