Senior GIS Analyst
Design Technology, Charlotte, North Carolina
LandDesign is a collection of visionaries and problem solvers who believe in the power of balance, combining creativity and practicality to design what we know will thrive. We leverage our diverse expertise and relentless curiosity to deliver innovative, attainable big ideas — aligning our clients’ vision with the culture of the community to delight those who will enjoy the space. We are driven by a boundless desire for better, because we believe that learning is lifelong and growth is infinite. This curiosity and uncommon collaboration fuel our culture and drive ideas that continuously improve our practice and the people who are part of it.
We are seeking a GIS Manager to implement geospatial solutions through the management and use-training of spatial data. As a part of the Design Technology studio, this role takes firm-wide leadership of the company’s GIS database(s), GIS-to-design pipelines, GIS analytics that aid planning intent, and visualizations that leverage GIS benefits within the Land Development and Planning industries.
- Compiles, manipulates, and analyzes geospatial data.
- Designs, develops, and maintains databases and systems of GIS data.
- Creates reports, maps, applications, and visualizations conveying the results of spatial analyses.
- Utilizes scripting languages to refine GIS data pipelines and processes.
- May provide GIS training or assistance to other organization members.
- Manage company GIS database(s) which involves taking ownership of the procurement, configuration, and organization of large spatial data to be utilized by internal design and planning staff.
- Aid in the development and/or configuration of GIS pipeline solutions that promote ease-of-access to data within design applications such as AutoCAD and Revit.
- Aid in the development and/or configuration of GIS analytics and algorithms that visualize land planning metrics.
- Diagnose and resolve in-application GIS incidents and technical workflow inquiries, within ESRI products and other GIS-specific software.
- Coordinate with IT Team on incoming incidents, logging and closing support tickets through a uniform system.
- Coordinate with IT on GIS technical infrastructure.
- Advise on GIS industry trends and future enhancements.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Science or related field.
- Experience managing and querying spatial databases such a SQLite w/ Spatialite, PostgreSQL w/ PostGIS, SQL Spatial, ESRI Geodatabase, etc.
- Proficiency within GIS software such as ArcGIS, Map3D, QGIS, Google Earth, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively engage in a diverse, multi-disciplined professional setting.
- Fluency with Structured Query Language (SQL) highly preferred.
- 4-7 years of related experienced preferred.
Employees are offered a competitive compensation package and robust benefits package that includes access to wellness programming, 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, paid parental leave, paid volunteer hours, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances.
LandDesign is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.
Employees are offered a competitive compensation package, including a 401k retirement program and paid holidays, as well as health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurances.
60% of our partners have been here their entire career
Work Hard but Stay Well
We designed our wellness program to support and contribute to the health and well-being of all our colleagues.Learn More
of leadership roles are occupied by women
of interns return for full-time positions
of employees have been here more than 5 years
Ready to Start a New Chapter?
Explore our open positions to see how you can create something that matters with us.