Senior Urban Designer + Landscape Architect | DC
LandDesign offers award-winning urban design, planning, civil engineering, and landscape architecture solutions to public and private sector clients across the globe. With offices across the United States, the LandDesign team effectively brings innovative, buildable, sustainable, and ecologically responsible projects to life worldwide.
LandDesign is searching for a highly creative and motivated Landscape Designer/Planner for our Alexandria, VA office. Knowledge and experience on urban design and mixed-use projects, large scale planning, transportation planning, small area plans, GIS and retail development are desired. Strong writing, analysis and graphic design skills are essential.
The position requires a degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning (or a strong technical background in either), along with a solid understanding of urban planning and a strong acumen for business development.
- Master planning of various mixed-use (vertical and horizontal) and retail-driven projects of small to large acreages, as well as multi-family residential, office, and other residential communities.
- Some site design, design development and construction documents including grading coordination with Landscape Architecture team.
- Develop and present reports, demonstrating strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Masterplans, conceptual sketch plan options and density studies for mixed-use, retail, office, multi-family, and residential community developments.
- Zoning plans and plan related support martial for submittals.
- Manage various day-to-day project activities and deadlines on multiple projects.
- Participate in regional marketing and business development opportunities for Planning, including the development of proposals and participation in interview presentations.
- Coordinate with client, architect and engineers on various project needs including program, retail tenants, code requirements, grading and parking.
- Prepare letters of agreement, contracts and manage billing/ review invoicing.
- Identify new opportunities, and assist in positioning for, and ultimately securing, the opportunity.
- Coordinate stakeholder and community involvement efforts as project dictates, which includes making public presentations and facilitating design charrettes, workshops, and similar meetings.
- Appropriately manage large-scale, complex projects with interdisciplinary project teams in a budget-conscious and time-sensitive manner while attaining clients’ high-quality standards.
- Provide collaborative, quality design solutions that meet and exceed client expectations.
- Assist in the development of land use and urban design plans.
- Review policies and ordinances, research best practices and develop recommendations.
- Collaborate with other designers in all aspects of a given project to develop conceptual design documents and community development/urban design plans.
- Provide support to complete large-scale, complex projects with interdisciplinary project teams in a budget-conscious and time-sensitive manner while attaining clients’ high-quality standards.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with demonstrated leadership in the field of Planning in a consulting environment, Urban Design or Landscape Architecture.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- AICP Certification highly desired.
- Have experience and/or familiarity with graphic software programs such as GIS, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp and/or other relevant programs.
For an opportunity to join a progressive company that creates places that matter, please submit your resume and portfolio directly through our website: www.landdesign.com/careers
LandDesign offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) and other great benefits.
LandDesign is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workplace.